Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Anime Blog 115: Pandora Hearts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_Hearts

Pandora Hearts is a 25 episode shonen anime with 9 OVA episodes.

The story follows Oz Vessalius who upon turning 15 has a coming-of-age ceremony. At this ceremony, for no reason, he is thrown into the prison known as the Abyss. While there he makes a contract with a "chain" named Alice who is also known as the Bloodstained Black Rabbit. When they escape, everything looks different...and it's because it's been 10 years in the real world. There is an organization named Pandora that Oz ends up working with to discover the "sin" he was thrown into the Abyss for.

The show is really confusing and complex but it doesn't touch the complexity of the manga. This is one of those shows that I really wish had gotten a sequel.

Also...even though I do like Oz X Alice...I really ship Oz X Gil

So...art!

Oz, Alice, & Gil



Pandora Hearts also has one of my favorite openings:




so. pros and cons:
Pros: 

  • Oz & Gil
  • Gil in general (I totally named a fish I had after him...no lie)
  • Complex story
  • Great cast of characters
  • Did I mention this was based on Alice in Wonderland???
Cons: 
  • Need more of this show!
  • Also...confusing :D
Thanks for reading! Until next time, 

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment