Translate

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Anime Blog 114: Ouran High School Host Club

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouran_High_School_Host_Club

Alright. Who doesn't know this one? LOL.

Ouran High School Host Club is a 26 episode shojo with an 11 episode Live Action Drama and a Live Action Movie.

The story follows scholarship student Haruhi who attends Ouran Academy. While trying to find a place to study she stumbles into the 3rd music room which is the meeting for the Ouran Host Club. She mistakenly knocks over a vase worth 8,000,000 yen and then ends up joining the host club to pay back that debt. It's a really cute reverse harem as there are 6 male members of the host club and they all basically fall in love with her :D

PS I totally ship Haruhi X Kyouya (let me dream ppl!)

This is actually the first anime I ever watched subbed. I remember having to pause and rewind to actually read the subtitles! (ah...good memories!) but as such, I never watched it dubbed. Now I have seen a few clips and really all I have to say is: "so this is what the cast of FMA brotherhood did afterwards..." LOL

so. ART!


Kyouya (back)
Front L-R: Kaoru, Hikaru, Tamaki, Haruhi, Honey, and Mori


Alright now for the live action drama and it's movie sequel...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T!
I watched them both and I honestly think the guy who plays Tamaki looks like a monkey...also. The CG...it's just so bad. Have some pictures:


Back: Kyouya, Mori, Honey, Hikaru, Kaoru, Nekozawa
Front: Haruhi & Tamaki



Pros and Cons:
Pros: 

  • Cute
  • Funny
  • Kyouya (fave character)
  • OMG ALL THE SHOJO CLICHES! (that was the point)
Cons: 
  • I can't tell you...it'll spoil the ending for those who haven't seen it...
  • Honestly...the dub...I just can't do it...
  • The live action 100%
It's super cute and if you haven't already seen it...I'm surprised :D

Thanks for reading! Until next time, 

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment