Translate

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Anime Blog 75: Kekkaishi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kekkaishi

Kekkaishi is a 52 episode Shonen anime that I watched Dubbed on Cartoon Network when it aired in 2010 :D

Alright so the story is that Yoshimori and his neighbor Tokine are both Kekkaishis. Meaning they use barrier-type techniques to combat Ayakashi (basically demons) to protect a sacred land called Karasumori. Yoshimori and Tokine are rivals and of course each one has their merits. They also each have a demon dog that helps them and serves their families. Yoshimori's is Madarao and Tokine's is Hakubi (the dogs are rivals too).

There is an evil organization that is trying to take over the sacred land and also a group of demons forms for the same purpose. There is also another character who is part demon, named Gen. I really liked him. He was a pretty neat character. *SPOILER* I was super-sad when he died :(

But you really watch Yoshimori grow over the course of the show, and that really reminded me of Naruto and thus, I enjoyed it :D Also! The grandparents from each family are friggin hilarious! They too are rivals and are always bragging that their grandchild is the better one :D

I'll admit the reason I watched this show was 1: it came on Cartoon Network...so yeah. & 2: It looks almost like Kakashi :D

Random Trivia! In the English version, Yoshimori is played by Vic Mignogna.

So, art!
Tokine and Yoshimori


Also, Kekkaishi has one of my favorite anime openings! I just think the song is really cute and the opening is actually a good intro for the show.



Alright so time for pros and cons!

Pros:
  • Interesting story
  • Character growth
  • Sounds like Kakashi XD
  • Nice art
  • Does Vic go here?
  • Gen
  • GRANDPARENTS!
Cons:
  • *see SPOILER above*
  • Love interest not fulfilled...grrr...I hate it when that happens!
So all in all, it's a really good show!

Thanks for reading! Until next time,

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment