Translate

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Anime Blog 74: Kaze to Ki no Uta

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaze_to_Ki_no_Uta

Alright so here's the Shonen-ai warning!

Kaze to Ki no Uta is a 1 episode shonen-ai OVA that I watched subbed.

Honestly...the reason I watched this was: I was on a kick to watch all of the yaoi/shonen-ai anime that existed (basically). This was one that was listed and I found someone on YouTube who had it so I watched it...bad choice.

I'm not 100% what the point of the show was. I just remember that it took place at a Catholic school. And the main character, Serge, had to deal with a roommate, Gilbert, who was very questionable. He constantly snuck out, no one seemed to like him very much. The beginning heavily implies that he's sneaking out to have sex with other guys.

Gilbert apparently has a tortured background that explains why he acts the way he does but don't they all??? And to be honest. *SPOILER!!!!!* If I hadn't read the YouTube comments I wouldn't have understood that Gilbert had died and that's why Serge was coming back to visit the school and having all of these emotional flashbacks...didn't get that from the episode itself at all...

So. Art.
Gilbert and Serge

Those eyes man...creepy. It's like they have crazy beams in them!
Not the biggest fan of the art. It creeps me out for some reason.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
  • Shonen-ai?
Cons:
  • Creepy art
  • Super-confusing story
  • Gilbert
  • Creepy eyes

Yeah...just don't watch it unless you've read the manga...then maybe it'll make sense :D

Thanks for reading! Until Next Time,

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment