Translate

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Anime Blog 60: His and Her Circumstances (Kare Kano)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kare_Kano

Alright, Kare Kano is a 26 episode shojo anime that I watched dubbed.

I adore this show, so much in fact, that I actually bought the box set. The story goes: Yukino is a perfect student. She has the best grades in the school, she does sports, she helps student council, she tutors her classmates, heck she even always has perfect hair and her clothes are never wrinkled. Introduce Arima into the school. He's exactly the same...just the male version. But it turns out, Yukino has to try and be perfect, at home she's a total slob...Arima is just naturally perfect...except he has a deep dark abusive past...(of course).

The two fall in love and decide to be true to themselves and not fake being perfect anymore. Which causes lots of fun drama along the way. The show also introduces 2 other couples: Tsubasa and Kazuma (who are now step-brother and sister due to their parents marriage) and Tsubaki and Tonami ( a childhood bully and the boy she both bullied and protected from other bullies who meet later in life, discovering an unexpected attraction).

Let me reiterate how much I love this show before saying that the only thing that really drives me insane is the fact that there are 2 episodes (1 of which being the finale) which are moving manga panels with voice over...There was a fight with the artist and so this episodes were not properly animated and the author refused a second season because she felt the director was focusing too much on the comedy and not enough on the romance...

But anyways. We all know the most important thing to me :D
ART!
Arima and Yukino
It's another example of older art that I actually like :D

So pros and cons!

Pros:
  • Awesome characters
  • Great story
  • Nice art
  • Funny
  • ADORABLE
  • Actually kinda deep relationships between the characters
  • I own it...enough said :P
Cons:
  • The 2 voice over eps...
  • THE FACT THAT THE FINALE WAS ONE OF THOSE VOICE OVER EPS!!!!!
...I'm done now :D

But yeah, it's a great show. I really loved it :D

Thanks for reading! Until next time,

~Kei

**PS. I'm also collecting the manga...If anyone happens to own said manga and wants to get rid of a few volumes, just comment on this post which vol. you have and how much you'd like for it...I'm just missing the last ones (like after vol. 10 or 11ish)--so I guess the last half :D

No comments:

Post a Comment