Translate

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Anime Blog 77: Kimi Ni Todoke

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_ni_Todoke

Kimi Ni Todoke is a 37 episode anime with a season 2 special episode and a Live Action Movie.

To start off I want to say that I read the first chapter of the manga when it released in Shojo Beat! when I was in high school and loved the idea. Then when it became an anime I fangirl screamed...

So the story goes that Sawako unfortunately looks like Sadako (the scary/creepy chick from The Ring) and so everyone thinks she's weird and avoids her except for her 2 friends: Ayane and Chizuru, Shota Kazehaya; a boy who she gave directions to on his first day of school, and Ryu Sanada (friends with Kazehaya and Chizuru).

It's a little obvious where the crushes lie but I think it's just so doggone cute! And realistic.
I don't know, maybe I just like slice-of-life way too much but I really liked how the storyline progresses and I even felt like the anime had a good ending :D

Now for the Japanese live action adaptation. I thought it was great! They picked really good actors (easy to do when everyone looks Japanese :P ) and I felt it was a good adaptation of the story. Definitely one of the best live actions I've seen :D

So, art!
Back Row: Ayane, Chizuru,& Ryu
Front Row: Kazehaya &Sawako
Live Action:
Left to Right: Sawako, Kazehaya, Chizuru, Ayane, Ryu, & Kurumi

So pros and cons.

Pros:
  • Slice-of-life
  • Realistic
  • Adorable
  • Love the characters
  • Happy ending
Cons:
  • There's always that one annoying character...
Well that's all for now! Thanks for reading! Until next time,

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment