Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Anime Blog 42: Fish in the Trap

WARNING! CONSIDERED YAOI (by manga demographic) YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_in_the_Trap

Ok so Fish in the Trap is a 1 episode OVA that I watched subbed. It is apparently a prequel to the manga series.

So the basic story is: guy named Matsui falls in love with the swim team captain (Tsukamoto). That's about it...plus a jealous best friend (Eiichi). However the OVA seems more like: Matsui gets raped by Tsukamoto and then joins the swim team to discover that he's the team captain...and that's the end. Seriously. This is the WORST ending to an OVA I have EVER seen.

There's really nothing else I can say about this one, I mean I watched it because it was short and it was on Aarinfantasy.com and discovered I hated the ending. That's it in a nutshell. Maybe the manga is better.

Art:
 
 
(L: Tsukamoto, R: Matsui)
Yeah the art is kinda old too.

So pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Yaoi (always)
  • Short
  • Swimming...ish
Cons:
  • WTF ending
  • Basically just raped the guy...(not a good thing in my world)
  • Did I mention the ending?
Personally I wouldn't recommend this...it wasn't all that great. But if you're a die-hard Yaoi/Shonen-ai fan...it won't kill you and it's short :D

Thanks for reading! Until next time,

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment