Translate

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Anime Blog 30: Descendants of Darkness

Wiki Page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descendants_of_Darkness

Hello once more! I am still alive I promise!

So today's anime is a 13 episode Shojo called Descendants of Darkness. This is actually one I watched recently (and mostly because it has Shonen-ai themes) :)

Ok so quick summary there's this organization that investigates suspicious deaths (by hands of vampires and such...) and Tsuzuki works for them but has no partner. He is partnered up with this new kid named Hisoka. The two originally don't get along but with the help of Uber-evil Dr. Muraki (not the good kind of help) the partners begin to get along and understand each other. After that a lot of Fit hits the Shan (if you know what I mean XD ) and lots of deep dark secrets emerge not only about Hisoka and Muraki's previous "relationship" but things about why Tsuzuki hasn't had a partner in so long and the like.

So I really enjoyed watching this (I saw it Dubbed in case anyone wants to know). I really liked the art and the show itself (except for some of the creepy flashbacks...and Muraki...I don't like Muraki) but even though the show was really confusing I still liked it (especially the Tarot card arc, that was awesome!) And this is really random but Watari (the blonde guy) is played by Eric Stuart who plays James and Brock in Pokémon :p

Now there were some hinted shonen-ai scenes (and some more Yaoi-ish scenes but not in a good way) in the show but the show doesn't really focus on that too much and it doesn't have enough to be counted as shonen-ai by demographic (though I wonder about some shows and their tags...)

So ART!
 

(L to R: Gushoshin, Muraki, Hisoka, Tsuzuki, Tatsumi, Watari, The other Gushoshin)
 
 
But now time for Pros and Cons!
 

Pros:
  • Shonen-ai-esque
  • Good art
  • Neat story idea
Cons:
  • Creepy Dr. Muraki
  • Really confusing story
Pros seem to outweigh the cons again today! I hope those of you who are interested will give Descendants of Darkness a chance!

Till next time and thanks for reading!

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment