Translate

Monday, September 23, 2013

Anime Blog 31: Devil May Cry: The Animated Series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry:_The_Animated_Series

Alright I'm going to start out by saying that I LOVE the Devil May Cry game series. I've beaten 1-3 and I'm working on 4 now...slow going because the 360 belongs to my little brother and he's back home while I'm up at the college...no DMC4 for me (which let me throw out there...Nero is played by Johnny Yong Bosch...teehee!) Ok enough ranting there.

So the animated series is 12 episodes long and there is a plot but sometimes it doesn't seem like there is one: and I'm totally fine with that because I LOVE Dante! I love that the anime makes him obsessed with strawberry sundaes...it's just hilarious! He's still the same wise-cracking bada** from the games but now he has a weakness: those sundaes man...and pizza...that's all he eats.

Also Lady and Trish are back! And they both cause lots of trouble for Dante that includes (but isn't limited to) stealing his pay and sticking him with shopping bills. There's also that little girl Patty and I'm not sure how I feel about her...she's kinda cute...and she picks on Dante...yeah.

So the art is really nice (not as awesome as the games except in style) and I like that the anime follows Dante in his everyday life...which for him is like hell on Earth most of the time...but hey, a guy's gotta make a living right? Plus Ebony, Ivory, and Rebellion are involved!

ART!

 
(Dante)
 
I tried to find one with him, Lady, and Trish in it but I didn't like the one I found!

So time for pros and cons!

Pros:
  • Based on Devil May Cry
  • Dante
  • Didn't have a bad story
  • Dante
  • Brought Lady and Trish back
  • Did I mention Dante?
Cons:
  • ...cons...hmm...cons?
So because I actually can't think of any...Pros win! (even if I didn't repeat Dante 3 times!)

Thanks for reading, until next time,

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment