Translate

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Anime Blog 93: Mirage of Blaze

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirage_of_Blaze

Do we need a shonen-ai warning?

Mirage of Blaze is a 13 episode Shonen-ai series with a 3 episode OVA series.

So I'm going to start by saying that I borrowed the DVD set for this from my brother's girlfriend and watched it in college...and strangely, I don't remember too much about it other than that I didn't much care for it and felt confused a lot...

That said: the story follows Takaya, a normal high schooler, who finds out he's actually not that normal; he's the reincarnation of Lord Kagetora (some dude from the past) and this other guy (Naoe?) who awakens Takaya's memories (well some of them) and then the 2 are fighting a war? Preventing a war? I really don't know. Some ancient battle from the past is involved somehow.

I do recall Takaya having a lot of split personality issues (which is probably why I was confused a lot) and then there were some shonen-ai moments...I really can't remember them for some reason...hmm I'll have to YouTube it.

Then the OVAs, from what I can recall, are like a sequel to the show and the ending just sucked. It was another one of those "alright this is what we're going to do!--END" kind of things that drive me insane!

But oh well. I only watched it because my brother's girlfriend suggested it...never borrowed anything from her again.

So, art! (sorry, not the best pic)

Naoe and Takaya



Pros and Cons:

Pros:
  • hmmmm...it was short?
  • Shonen-ai (as always?)
Cons:
  • Confusing
  • Not memorable at all
So there you have it. I'm sure the show is fine. Just wasn't my cup of tea.
Thanks for reading! Until next time,

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment