Translate

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Anime Blog 92: Maiden Rose

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden_Rose

Ah the good ol' Yaoi warning. Here it is.

Maiden Rose is a 2 episode Yaoi OVA series.

So basically: fictional world WW1 involving the main characters: Klaus and Taki. Now when watching this show in 2011, my understanding of the plot was as follows: Klaus is Taki's knight and yet they're kinda like Romeo & Juliet because they're actually on opposite sides of the war but it seems like Klaus has betrayed his side and gone over to Taki's...also way too much rape involved. (and that's what it is...most of that didn't look totally consensual--just sayin').

What really kills me is Klaus' chin...I don't know why that bothers me so much but I just don't like it. Made me angry the whole show. Also, Klaus is played by Kazuhiko Inoue...whom I adore as a VA. :)

OH YEAH! and the chibis were cute!

So that's really all I have to say about this show. And other than Klaus' chin, the art wasn't bad:

Klaus and Taki



So, pros and cons:

Pros:
  • Yaoi, as always
  • Decent art
  • Apparently the manga had (has?) an interesting storyline
  • Kazuhiko Inoue
Cons:
  • Klaus' chin
  • Rape
  • Confusing...
Only Kakashi-sensei made this worth watching for me :)

Thanks for reading everyone! Until next time,

~Kei

No comments:

Post a Comment